Welcome to Little Lake
Little Lake is a five-acre facility located in East Hemet, California. Surrounded by citrus groves and eucalyptus, it’s a quintessential Inland Empire setting, and a beautiful place to catch trout, catfish, largemouth bass, and bluegill. Although most folks come to take advantage of Little Lake’s great fishing, many visitors come simply for the serenity and natural beauty, and to walk the trail around the lake. It’s a great place for fishing and families! Little Lake is open for day use Wednesday through Sunday, and can be reserved for private group outings and fundraising events.
For information about fishing or group reservations, call (530) 526‐7937.
FEATURES & AMENITIES OF LITTLE LAKE
- Trout and Catfish fishing
- Trout plants (winter)
- Open year-round
- Picnic Areas complete with tables & BBQs
- Walking path around the Lake
- Great shore fishing
- An abundance of shade trees
- Group reservations available
Advance reservations for groups of 50 or more available by request. For more information, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum Daily Catch: 5 trout. No Release Allowed.
- Little Lake is a no body contact reservoir. No swimming allowed.
- Daily wristbands must be worn and visible at all times. Please be prepared to show your DFG license to Uniformed Host or Game Warden.
- Our visitors enjoy the sounds of nature — no amplified music is allowed. Of course, you may listen to earphones if you like.
- Your pet is welcome to stay at home, please do not bring Fido.
- Anglers must be aware of their immediate surroundings. Cast straight out.
- Please do not attempt to “troll” the weeds parallel to shoreline.
- Be prepared to ice your catch or place on a shore “sticker” in the water. There is no fish cleaning station, do not clean fish in the lake.
- Report all catches on the Creel Log provided at the kiosk. Stocking is planned, but we must know how many fish are being caught.
- Sorry, no waders or float-tubes are allowed. Please keep children out of the water. No swimming allowed.
- This is a family-friendly facility — No alcoholic beverages or profanity.
- Park all vehicles in the lower parking lot, no vehicles may be parked lakeside.
- Vehicles with disabled placards will be accommodated on a space-available basis.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
Lake Rules are for the common good. Be a good neighbor! Anglers must follow all Department of Fish and Game rules.
Please Note: Entrance to the Little Lake gated premises is for the expressed purpose of recreational day use, and no other purpose including commercial use is authorized. Persons entering the premises do so at their own risk and by purchasing, wearing or displaying the Entrance Wrist Band, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lake Hemet Municipal Water District, its officers, directors, employees or agents including Lake Hemet Recreation Company and its officers, directors, employees or agents, from all claim, loss, damage, demand, liability, suit, cost or expense (including attorney’s fees), penalty, judgment or other obligation, attributable to use of the gated premises including any personal injury, bodily injury, sickness, disease, or death of any person, including users children or assigns, or attributable to injury to or destruction of property.
DIRECTIONS TO LITTLE LAKE
From Los Angeles:
- Take HWY 60 to 215 South
- Travel approx. 20 miles on 215 South to HWY 74
- Take HWY 74 East through the city of Hemet to Soboba Street
- Turn right on Soboba Street
- Turn left on Stetson Ave
- The entrance will be 600 ft on your right
42525 Stetson Avenue
Hemet, CA 92544
Little Lake is owned by the Lake Hemet Municipal Water District
and operated by Urban Park Concessionaires.